On an individual and societal level, telemedicine can facilitate these goals:
E-Well Telemedicine & COVID-19
In response to global infectious disease outbreaks, telemedicine is bridging the gap between people and physicians enabling everyone to stay at home and communicate with physicians through virtual channels. As the nation goes under quarantine, a trip to the doctor potentially exposes everyone to the risk of infection. Telemedicine is the best alternative critical point-of- care option.
- Helps reduce the spread of the virus to mass populations and medical frontlines.
- Prevent overcrowding in emergency departments, urgent care clinics, and primary care clinics.
- Reduce exposures among healthcare workers and patients to a range of infectious diseases and ensure that medical supplies are reserved for patients who need them.
- Best alternative solution to reach the elderly and patients with pre-existing medical conditions.
- Address healthcare needs of patients with chronic illnesses to reduce in-person clinic visits while facilitating high quality care.
- Access to healthcare and wellness services while they are safe from multiple risks at clinics or hospitals.